Help your community learn about organ and tissue donation.
- Ring radio talk-back to share a story about organ and tissue donation (you could refer to a story from the DonateLife Book of Life)
- Write a letter to the editor urging Australians to get talking about organ and tissue donation
- Write an opinion piece for a newspaper or newsletter
- Post a blog about a compelling donor or recipient story
- Brief local media contacts on local activities promoting organ and tissue donation
- Issue a community service announcement about your activities
Start a discussion in your workplace
Consider using your internal communications channels to promote organ and tissue donation and generate discussion within your work environment. You could:
- Place posters on notice boards, in staff rooms, staff changing rooms, rest rooms and kitchens. We have a selection of promotional materials to download and print online which you can access here;
- Encourage colleagues to use the email signature images located here;
- Display organ and tissue promotional materials to get the message out there;
Display DonateLife materials to get the message out there
There are many ways you can promote DonateLife in your community. This could include:
- Asking employees, members and volunteers to use materials within their own communities (schools, sporting groups, universities, libraries etc.)
- Invite local libraries and councils to stage their own DonateLife displays and providing them with access to DonateLife materials
- Hold your own public education display/s at major community hubs within your area
- Use the DonateLife materials at any public or professional activities that you have planned.
Ask your elected representatives to help spread the word
Consider asking your local council or MP's or Senator's electorate office to promote DonateLife. Provide them with background information, posters and email signature materials and ask them to share this information on notice boards, websites and community newsletters.
It may also be appropriate to ask your MP or elected Councillors to publicly acknowledge DonateLife at an event they may already be officiating or invite them to issue their own press release of support.