Introductory Donation Awareness Training (IDAT)
Please note: Completion of the IDAT workshop is not a component of the College of Intensive Care Medicine (CICM) curriculum. Intensive care medical trainees are required by CICM to complete the core FDC workshop as part of their mandatory training requirements. More information about the core FDC workshop can be found here.
The IDAT is a multidisciplinary workshop which provides introductory training and education to a range of health professionals working in organ, eye and tissue donation.
IDAT workshops aim to provide participants with an understanding of:
- death and the donation pathways – Donation after Brain Death (DBD), Donation after Circulatory Death (DCD)
- loss and reactions to catastrophic news
- how to support and communicate with grieving families
- the family donation conversation
- the donation process and the professional roles involved
Workshops are facilitated by DonateLife education coordinators, donor family support coordinators, donation specialist staff and grief specialists.
You can view the workshop schedule here.
For more information you can contact your local DonateLife agency here.